Instagram For PC Download: When we talk about social media sites like Facebook, WhatsApp, Twitter, Instagram, etc. comes to our mind. However, in recent times, the use of Instagram specifically has seen a spike. Now, if you are using a smartphone then I’m pretty sure that your phone already has at least two or three of the mentioned apps.
Regardless of what kind of smartphone you are using, your PC or Laptop, on the other hand, may be running on Windows OS may not have Instagram or Facebook installed. And that’s how it always has been, fast forward, with the release of Windows 10, the scenario has changed. Instagram for PC is possible if you have Windows 10 installed on your PC.
So, if you are interested to know about Instagram for PC download, then please do keep on reading, as, by the end of it, you’ll not only know how can download Instagram for PC but also come across several tricks and alternatives through which you can use Instagram for PC.
How to Download Instagram For PC Windows:
If you are using Microsoft’s latest OS i.e. Windows 10 then all downloading Instagram for PC becomes much easier. Now to download and use Instagram properly without facing any crashes please ensure that your Windows 10 has already gotten the Anniversary update.
- To download the Instagram application open up Windows Store. But before you use Windows Store, you do need to sign in.
- In order to sign in, you need to have a Hotmail or Outlook account, then only you will be able to use Windows Store to download and use Instagram and other applications.
- Once you create the account, sign in to Windows Store. Once you sign in, click on the search bar, type ‘Instagram’ and then click on the search button.
- Once the results are displayed, click on the first result, as you can see from the above picture.
- To download Instagram on your Windows 10, click on the first result, and then click Install. Wait till the download to get completed. Once downloaded, click on the Start button, type Instagram, and then wait for the application to show up. There you go, this is how you can download Instagram for PC running on Windows 10.
After Windows Vista, Microsoft’s Windows 8 was another big failure. Nonetheless, there are still a good number of people who are still using Windows 8 and 8.1 OS.
Some of them are using cracked version of Windows 8 and 8.1, which is probably why they haven’t upgraded to the latest Windows OS. Nevertheless, that’s a fact, now there is Windows Store available in both Windows 8 and 8.1, however, in most cases, ‘Windows Store’ doesn’t seem to open or fails to download or even update pre-installed application.
Anyway, there is another way through which you can download the application from Windows Store.
- First of all, you’ll need to open up any of the browsers that you got installed on your PC, next click on the address bar and type ‘www.microsfot.com/en-in/store/app’, hit enter.
- This is basically the same Windows Store but you’ll be using a browser instead of the app.
- Next sign-in, and then click on the search bar, and then type ‘Instagram’, and then follow the same procedure mentioned for Windows 10 in order to install and use it on your Windows 8 and 8.1 computer.
Regardless of the several new OS of Microsoft, Windows 7 is still considered one of the most stable and robust OS of Microsoft, and that’s why even today millions of people are still using old OS of Microsoft. Now, if you are using Windows 7 then there is a bit work which you’ll need to do in order to download Instagram for your Windows 7 PC, but don’t worry, we have listed the most simple way through which you’ll be able to use Instagram on your Windows 7 PC. Now, there are two ways through which you can use Instagram on your Windows 7 PC. Out of the two ways, the much easier one is by using Google Chrome browser. So, if you have got Chrome installed on your PC then here’s what you’ll need to do.
- Open up your Chrome browser, next open a new tab, on the search bar type ‘chrome;//apps’, now click on ‘Web Store’.
- On the search bar, type ‘Instachrome’, this is basically an extension through which, you’ll be able to browse Instagram on your PC via your Chrome browser.
- Next on the search result, look for ‘Instachrome’, once you find just add it to your Chrome browser. That’s it.
The alternative method for Instagram download on your PC:
Apart from all the mentioned solutions, there is another way through which you can use Instagram on your PC. If you are someone who is using the good old Windows XP or a Linux OS like Ubuntu, Mint, or Fedora, then this solution is perfect for you.
In order to use Instagram for PC download, you’ll need to download an Android emulator; Bluestacks. Once you download and install ‘Bluestacks’ on your PC you’ll be able to run all Android applications on your Windows or Linux OS. Once you install Bluestacks, fire it up, on the search bar, type ‘Instagram’, and then download it, Make sure that you are connected to the internet.
As we stated at the beginning, by the end of this posts, you’ll know the various ways through which you can use Instagram on your PC. Hope you liked reading it, and please do keep visiting for reading such informative tips and tricks related posts.
Nonetheless, if you are having any concerns or queries, then please do let us by writing it in the comment section below, we will try to reply as soon as we can.